A roundup of 2018 enterprise Internet of Things forecasts and market estimates
- According to IDC, worldwide spending on the IoT is forecast to reach $772.5B in 2018. That represents an increase of 15% over the $674B that was spent on IoT in 2017.
- The global IoT market will grow from $157B in 2016 to $457B by 2020, attaining a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 28.5%.
- Discrete Manufacturing, Transportation and Logistics, and Utilities will lead all industries in IoT spending by 2020, averaging $40B each.
- Bain predicts B2B IoT segments will generate more than $300B annually by 2020, including about $85B in the industrial sector.
- Internet Of Things Market To Reach $267B By 2020 according...