Adobe report gives insight into “rapidly changing” enterprise mobile app landscape
The need for instant communication and an increasing mobile workforce is driving the “rapidly changing” enterprise mobile app landscape, according to a new report published by Adobe.
The paper, titled ‘Driving Competitive Advantage With Enterprise Mobile Apps’ and created alongside Edelman Intelligence, notes that “for organisations to be truly competitive and keep pcae with the digital transformation required to be successful…mobile app strategies need to be more than just an outward focus – they need to expand to the enterprise.”
More than three quarters (77%) of the 1500 respondents polled across three continents say the enterprise mobile app world today is different when compared to 2014. By ‘different’, this means the landscape is more expansive. 66% of those polled said the number of employees using enterprise mobile apps in their department has increased, while a similar number (62%) say the number of apps in a given department has also risen. Only 2% for each said the number had declined.
Alongside instant communication and the rising mobile workforce, cited by 55% and 54% of those polled respectively as a key market trend, the need to remain competitive (47%) was noted, as well as an increased user experience (44%). 61% of respondents said they believe a company is at a disadvantage if they haven’t deployed enterprise mobile apps.
Adobe put together five tenets for organisations looking to bolster their mobile apps strategy:
- Focus on mission-critical apps first
- Deploy key capabilities for success – and invest the most in them
- Centralise app management
- Understand how your organisation views enterprise mobile apps – use surveys, analytics, training if needs be
- Stay up to date with changes – connecting enterprise apps to CRM and ERP systems for instance
Interested in hearing industry leaders discuss subjects like this and sharing their use-cases? Attend the co-located IoT Tech Expo, Blockchain Expo, AI & Big Data Expo and Cyber Security & Cloud Expo World Series with upcoming events in Silicon Valley, London and Amsterdam and explore the future of enterprise technology.
- » Gartner predicts RPA software revenue will reach £1bn in 2019
- » Today’s CIO needs to learn the language of the board: The first lesson
- » Myth-busting mobile in the enterprise: The price of mobile lifecycle management
- » Cybersecurity enhanced with AI and ML: Improving data loss prevention
- » Why AI cybersecurity is a leap forward in threat intelligence