Why you don’t just need enterprise apps – but an app store with it
"The idea of an app store is to give more empowerment for business users. It delivers a clear message: IT lets you use the best tools to perform your work, help yourself and take control. So it is not just an app store, it is a cultural change for IT and business."
So said writer Sue Marquette Poremba in a piece for IT Business Edge on the power of enterprise app stores. Perhaps unsurprisingly, we couldn’t agree more.
A lot of the focus on our blog is around developing and managing applications in the enterprise. And while apps are obviously an important piece of the puzzle—as is proactive management and tracking—the humble enterprise app store can be the difference between a good mobility program and a great one.
As providers of EMM solutions, we may be just a little bit partial to the idea of app stores in the enterprise. So don’t just take our word for it—take the word of Poremba in her piece. Here are just a few of the reasons she recommends utilizing an app store rather than just a relatively open BYOD policy:
- App stores enable companies to curate not just internally-developed apps, but also third-party apps, opening up a whole new world of possibilities for boosting employee productivity
- They reduce shadow IT usage. As Poremba notes, “[An app store] means no more guessing about the quality of the apps being downloaded onto personally owned devices”
- They shift some control back to employees while enabling business owners to remain more confident about the apps being used—essentially, they are a better BYOD policy
Perhaps the most important point here—a point that rings true for many of our clients—is that an enterprise app store opens up a world of opportunity beyond the one-off apps your team (or a vendor) develops. The app store enables you to curate your own perfect suite of apps and gives you better control over how they’re implemented and used. Plus, in our experience, app stores boost adoption, as well. All of which is to say that an app store takes your app experience and makes it significantly better.
We’re always pleased to see people advocating for app stores—especially with well-thought out walkthroughs like Poremba’s. If your company is already developing apps for employees and you’re looking to take things to the next level, an enterprise app store would be a great place to start.
Want to get started? There’s no need to keep waiting. Try our free trial today by clicking this link!
The post You Don’t Just Need Apps—You Need an App Store appeared first on Enterprise Application Management | Mobile Application Management.
- » There’s always one rotten app in the bunch: Google launches App Defense Alliance
- » Samsung launches Galaxy enterprise edition with UK focus
- » Getting IT automation projects right the first time: A guide
- » Companies need to disclose their cybersecurity risk to attract investors, study finds
- » Why improving endpoint security needs to be a primary enterprise goal in 2020