Cisco makes Security Connector app available to provide greater enterprise iOS security
Cisco’s Security Connector for iOS, a tool which aims to give enterprises deep visibility and control over network activity on Apple devices, is now generally available.
The tool utilises three branches of Cisco’s product portfolio; cloud security platform Cisco Umbrella, Clarity, a component of Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints, and the Cisco Meraki Systems Manager, a mobile device management (MDM) offering.
In the blog, an example used was an IT manager in healthcare, in charge of all desktop, laptop, and mobile endpoints. In some instances – such as an in-home care service, with the healthcare example – mobile devices may have to connect outside the hospital’s network. As the blog explains, if VPNs and a global HTTP proxy are out of the question, deploying Umbrella, a secure internet gateway, Clarity, which provides insight into the traffic, and Meraki to deploy the app covers all bases.
“Ransomware and malware are spreading across the Internet and increasingly targeting mobile devices. Together with Apple, we are helping enterprises become the most connected, collaborative, and secure businesses in the world,” said David Ulevitch, senior vice president and general manager of Cisco’s security business group. “With this app, we want to provide businesses with tools to meet their security, risk, and compliance requirements.”
Several customers have already trialled the app in beta, including Cancom GmbH and World Wide Technology, with the app available to download from the App Store as of today.
- » RealWear secures $17 million in series A funding for AR-enabled industrial wearables
- » Gartner identifies seven steps to bring down risk of security threats from Spectre and Meltdown
- » Jamf boasts of record growth in 2017 – but Mac insight intriguing for enterprise
- » Latest Okta report showcases increased enterprise need for security apps and tools
- » How digital transformation is making the CIO job role change ‘significantly’