Apple and Salesforce strike enterprise app strategic partnership
A strategic partnership has been announced by Apple and Salesforce to bring together the former’s iOS and the latter’s CRM in order to enable new mobile apps for business.
Salesforce, together with Apple, is recreating its app to adopt the native mobile platform with exclusive new features on the iOS platform. Millions of Salesforce developers will be provided with tools and resources to build their own native apps with a new Salesforce Mobile SDK for iOS, and the latest iOS App Development study course on Trailhead, which is a free web-based learning platform owned by Salesforce.
Following are the initial focus areas of the Apple-Salesforce strategic partnership:
- A new redesigned Salesforce Mobile App will give customers rich experiences exclusively on iOS, which will include Siri Shortcuts, Face ID, Business Chat and more. The rebuilt Salesforce Mobile App will be available in early 2019
- The first Salesforce Mobile SDK optimised for Apple’s powerful and intuitive modern programming language -- Swift. This native SDK will allow businesses and developers to build and deploy apps for iPhone and iPad on the Salesforce Lightning Platform. The new Salesforce Mobile SDK for iOS will be available by the end of 2018
- The launch of a new ‘Get Started with iOS App Development Trail’ that will teach ‘how to build native iOS apps in Xcode with Swift’. The Trailhead Mobile App will launch later in 2019
Last month, Apple said it would no longer offer affiliate commissions for referrals to apps on its App Store from October 1st. This move concerns publishers, focused on game and app reviews for iOS and Mac, who earn commission of only 2.5%, which is very importance for such websites. Following this change, it is likely there are many publishers out there concerned about how they are going to make up for this lack of revenue.
Interested in hearing industry leaders discuss subjects like this and sharing their use-cases? Attend the co-located IoT Tech Expo, Blockchain Expo, AI & Big Data Expo and Cyber Security & Cloud Expo World Series with upcoming events in Silicon Valley, London and Amsterdam and explore the future of enterprise technology.
- » Why Amazon is the almost perfect marketplace for the Fortune 100
- » Tangoe acquires MOBI to bolster its mobility services offering
- » CIOs ‘actively embracing’ IoT, blockchain and AI, asserts Barclaycard
- » RingCentral aims to ‘reimagine communications and collaboration’ with new unified mobile app
- » Enterprise digital transformation initiatives continue to stall: Why a long-term approach is needed