Myth-busting mobile in the enterprise: Day two support is the same as other IT resources
As mobile devices have grown indispensable for enterprises, so too has their ability to disrupt mission-critical work when they malfunction or when other complications arise. The support obligations that come with mobile technology deployments are considerable.
Just because you have an in-house IT help desk team doesn’t mean you’re meeting all of those obligations. A Blue Hill Research study estimates that your IT department can overspend by up to 20% versus dedicated managed mobility services.
That’s just one reactive piece of the puzzle. A fully integrated day two mobility support program offers the following advantages:
- It reduces cost drivers like unnecessary RMAs, missed revenue and lost productivity
- It empowers personnel to quickly and effectively get resolutions by phone
- It lets you maximise value on your mobility spend by redeploying or refurbishing impacted devices
- It handles sensitive data securely to reduce liability
- It provides visibility and analytics on all device repair histories, usage and more to inform valuable business insights
- Most importantly, it does this all at scale, so you don’t have to scale your workforce up and down with demand
Your in-house help desk isn’t equipped to offer these advantages, and investing heavily in more computers, devices, internet bandwidth, personnel and training isn’t an option. That means you’re leaving efficiency, revenue and employee satisfaction on the table.
The good news is that this “myth” doesn’t have to affect your business. Selecting the right managed mobility partner with the experience and agility to handle the immense logistical challenges of true day two support is the most important aspect in creating effective nonstop mobility for your business.
Consider this myth “busted”.
Interested in hearing industry leaders discuss subjects like this and sharing their use-cases? Attend the co-located IoT Tech Expo, Blockchain Expo, AI & Big Data Expo and Cyber Security & Cloud Expo World Series with upcoming events in Silicon Valley, London and Amsterdam and explore the future of enterprise technology.
- » How automation will impact the future of IT skills
- » More than half of workers polled experience mobile issues at least once a month, survey argues
- » Enterprises need comprehensive data strategies – but few are getting it right today
- » How to get ahead as a CIO: Why transformation alone isn’t enough
- » Three ways IT can mitigate DNS security threats: A guide