The top 10 most popular cybersecurity certifications in 2019: A guide
- IT decision-makers (ITDMs) report that cybersecurity is the hardest area to find qualified talent, followed by cloud computing skills
- 56% of ITDMs report that certified personnel closes organisational skills gaps.
- 48% of ITDMs report that certifications boost productivity
- 44% of ITDM report that certifications help meet client requirements
Knowing which cybersecurity certifications are in the greatest demand is invaluable in planning a career in the field. I asked Global Knowledge, the world’s largest dedicated IT training company, which hosts over 3,000 unique IT courses delivered by over 1,100 subject matter experts for their help in finding out which cybersecurity certifications are the most sought after in North America this year.
Their 2019 IT Skills and Salary Report is considered the gold standard of IT skills, certification, and salary data, with many IT professionals relying on it to plan their careers. Human Resource professionals also use the report and consider it an invaluable reference to guide their recruiting efforts. Thank you Global Knowledge for providing custom research of the current state of demand for cybersecurity certifications.
Ranking the most sought-after cybersecurity certifications
Of the 63% of North American IT professionals planning to or are pursuing a certification in 2019, 23% are pursuing a cybersecurity certification according to the latest Global Knowledge IT Skills and Salary Report. The certifications reflect how quickly unique, specialized areas of knowledge are gaining in popularity.
“Traditionally, cybersecurity senior leadership-level certifications have been dominated in popularity by the administrative and Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance accreditations. This continues to be reflected in the latest data with the most popular (ISC)2 and ISACA certification bodies represented well in the list,” said Brad Puckett, Global Knowledge’s global product director for cybersecurity. Brad used the Global Knowledgebase of survey data to produce the 10 most sought-after cybersecurity certifications in North America in 2019 shown below:
Interested in hearing industry leaders discuss subjects like this and sharing their use-cases? Attend the co-located IoT Tech Expo, Blockchain Expo, AI & Big Data Expo, Cyber Security & Cloud Expo and 5G Expo World Series with upcoming events in Silicon Valley, London and Amsterdam and explore the future of enterprise technology.
- » Why it’s time to make culture the main driver of change for your enterprise
- » Why it’s time for IT to have a proper chat with HR to improve business continuity
- » The best machine learning startups to work for in 2020 – based on Glassdoor rankings
- » What should the role of IT be in low- and no-code application development?
- » Why shadow IT is the cybersecurity threat which keeps giving – and what needs to be done about it