How AI technologies will improve talent management in 2020: Speed and selection
47% of US-based enterprises are using AI today for recruitment, leading all countries in the survey. US-based enterprises' adoption of AI for recruitment soared in the last year, jumping from 22% in 2018 to 47% this year based on last year's Harris Interactive Talent Intelligence and Management Report 2018.
- 73% of US CEOs and CHROs plan to use more AI in the next three years to improve talent management
- US-based enterprises’’ adoption of AI for recruitment soared in the last year, jumping from 22% in 2018 to 47% this year
- US-based enterprises...
Why shadow IT is the cybersecurity threat which keeps giving – and what needs to be done about it
- More than 5,000 personal devices connect to enterprise networks every day with little or no endpoint security enabled in one of every three companies in the US, UK, and Germany
- More than 1,000 shadow IoT devices connect to enterprise networks every day in 30% of the U.S., U.K., and German companies
- 12% of U.K. organisations are seeing more than 10,000 shadow IoT devices connect to their enterprise networks every day
- Associates most often use shadow IT devices to access social media (39%), followed by downloading apps (24%), games (13%), and films (7%). Hackers, organised crime and...
The seven signs which mean it’s time to get focused on Zero Trust security
When an experienced hacker can gain access to a company’s accounting and financial systems in 7 minutes or less after obtaining privileged access credentials, according to Ponemon, it’s time to get focused on Zero Trust Security. 2019 is on its way to being a record year for ransomware attacks, which grew 118% in Q1 of this year alone, according to
What’s new on Forrester’s Zero Trust security landscape in 2019: From theory to integration
- Forrester added in Checkpoint, Forescout, Google, illumio, MobileIron, Proofpoint, Symantec, and Unisys in their latest Forrester Wave Zero Trust eXtended Ecosystem Platform Providers this year
- Forrester’s 2019 scorecard increased the weight on network security, automation and orchestration, and portfolio growth rate compared to last year, adding in Zero Trust eXtended (ZTX) ecosystem advocacy to the...
10 charts that will change your perspective of AI in security
Five proven ways manufacturers can get started with analytics: A guide
- 46% of manufacturers agree that implementing and using data analytics is necessary to stay competitive and grow their businesses
- 69% of manufacturing decision-makers believe analytics will be crucial for business success in 2020, with 15% considering it crucial today
Financial services firms rely on BYOD – so how do they stay secure?
Bottom line: 2020 is going to be the year companies launch more digital business initiatives that depend on BYOD than ever before, making Zero Trust Security a key contributor to their success.
Financial services firms are at an inflection point going into 2020. Mobile-first products and services now dominate their product roadmaps for next year, with applications’ speed and security being paramount. In fintech, DevOps teams have been working with
Why improving endpoint security needs to be a primary enterprise goal in 2020
Bottom line: Attacking endpoints with AI, bots, and machine learning is gaining momentum with cybercriminals today with no signs of slowing down into 2020, making endpoint security a must-have cybersecurity goal for next year.
Cyberattacks are growing more complex and difficult to prevent now and will accelerate in the future, making endpoint security a top goal in 2020. Cybercriminals are using structured and unstructured machine learning algorithms to hack organisations’ endpoints with increasing frequency....
Five strategies healthcare providers are using to secure their networks
- Healthcare records are bestsellers on the Dark Web, ranging in price from $250 to over $1,000 per record
- The growing, profitable market for Protected Health Information (PHI) is attracting sophisticated cybercriminal syndicates, several of which are state-sponsored
- Medical fraud is slower to detect and notify, unlike financial fraud (ex. stolen credit cards), contributing to its popularity with cybercriminals globally
- Cybercriminals prefer PHI data because it’s easy to sell and contains information that is harder to cancel or secure once stolen. Examples include insurance policy...
It’s time to solve the education sector’s cybersecurity crisis
- There were a record 160 publicly-disclosed security incidents in the education sector (K-12) during the summer months of 2019, exceeding the total number of incidents reported in all of 2018 by 30%
- 47% of K-12 organisations are making cybersecurity their primary investment, yet 74% do not use encryption
- 93% of K-12 organisations rely on native client/patch management tools that have a 56% failure rate, with 9% of client/patch management failures never recovered
These and many other fascinating insights are from
10 ways AI and machine learning are improving endpoint security
- Gartner predicts $137.4 billion will be spent on information security and risk management in 2019, increasing to $175.5bn in 2023, reaching a CAGR of 9.1%. Cloud security, data security, and infrastructure protection are the fastest-growing areas of security spending through 2023.
- 69% of enterprise executives believe artificial intelligence (AI) will be necessary to respond to cyberattacks with the majority of telecom companies (80%) saying they are counting on AI to help identify...
Why manufacturing supply chains need Zero Trust security
- According to the 2019 Verizon Data Breach Investigation Report, manufacturing has been experiencing an increase in financially motivated breaches in the past couple of years, whereby most breaches involve Phishing and the use of stolen credentials.
- 50% of manufacturers report experiencing a breach over the last 12 months, 11% of which were severe according to Sikich’s 5th Manufacturing and Distribution Survey, 2019.
- Manufacturing’s most commonly data compromised includes credentials (49%),...
The top 10 most popular cybersecurity certifications in 2019: A guide
- IT decision-makers (ITDMs) report that cybersecurity is the hardest area to find qualified talent, followed by cloud computing skills
- 56% of ITDMs report that certified personnel closes organisational skills gaps.
- 48% of ITDMs report that certifications boost productivity
- 44% of ITDM report that certifications help meet client requirements
Knowing which cybersecurity certifications are in the greatest demand is invaluable in planning a career in the field. I asked Global Knowledge, the...
Mobile identity is the new security perimeter: How enterprises need to secure their mobile worlds
- 86% of enterprise executives say that mobile threats are growing faster than any other according to Verizon’s Mobile Security Index 2019 and 67% of enterprise execs are less confident about the security of their mobile devices compared to other IT assets.
- Mobile devices are hackers’ favorite platform to target, with over 905,000 malware packages installed in Q1 of this year alone and over 5.3 million in 2018,
How AI is predicting the future of online fraud detection
Bottom line: Combining supervised and unsupervised machine learning as part of a broader artificial intelligence (AI) fraud detection strategy enables digital businesses to quickly and accurately detect automated and increasingly complex fraud attempts.
Recent research from the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE),
A roadmap to Zero Trust for SMBs: Keeping security solid while moving swiftly
Bottom Line: Small businesses don’t need to sacrifice security due to budget constraints or productivity requirements – a Zero Trust roadmap can help them keep growing and stop breaches.
Having worked my way through college in a series of small businesses and having neighbors and friends who operate several today, I see how cloud, databases, and network devices save thousands of dollars, hours of tedious work, and streamline operations. Good friends running an AI startup, whose remarkable...
Why passwords are the weakest defence in a Zero Trust world
- 90% of security professionals have witnessed security incidents stemming from the theft of credentials, according to a recent MobileIron study conducted by IDG.
- 86% of CIO, CISO and Security VPs would abandon password authentication if they could.
- Another survey by EMA found that mobile devices secured by biometric authentication methods present the best option for replacing passwords.
- There is a direct correlation between the number of times a user authenticates and the number of user access problems that need to be addressed.
These and many other fascinating insights...
How machine learning is helping to stop security breaches with threat analytics
Bottom line: Machine learning is enabling threat analytics to deliver greater precision regarding the risk context of privileged users’ behavior, creating notifications of risky activity in real time, while also being able to actively respond to incidents by cutting off sessions, adding additional monitoring, or flagging for forensic follow-up.
Separating security hacks fact from fiction
It’s time to demystify the scale and severity of breaches happening globally today. A commonly-held misconception...
How the top PAM-mature enterprises are thwarting privileged credential breaches
- Energy, technology and finance are the most mature industries when it comes to privileged access management (PAM) adoption and uses, outscoring peer industries by a wide margin
- 58% of organisations do not use multi-factor authentication (MFA) for privileged administrative access to servers, leaving their IT systems and infrastructure exposed to hacking attempts, including unchallenged privileged access abuse
- 52% of organisations are using shared accounts for controlling privileged access, increasing the probability of privileged credential...